All my life I have avoided the “popular things”! Anything that is trendy or cool I have avoided. I never wanted to like the things that the popular crowd liked. The only exception being Harry Potter.
For example, when Star Wars got popular I stopped watching it.
I am like this with all things people, shows, movies and books. I know it’s stupid but I never wanted people to think I liked something just because it was popular. And the few times that I like to something before it was popular I got really mad that it became popular. Which is really not a good thing.
However after the hype dies down, I typically go back and watch or read whatever it was that I was avoiding. Just to see if it really was all the people said it was.
So now I have several books that I will be reading and reviewing that were all hyped up and you will get my true and honest opinions about them.
- An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
- Paper Towns by John Green
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
- The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins
- The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins
- The Divergent series by Veronica Roth
- The Maze Runner series by James Dashner (maybe but I’m not sure about that one yet)
Now don’t worry I will still be reading and reviewing other books as well as this will take me several months to complete but I am looking forward to reading these books that I have put off for so long!
Are there any other “popular” books that you think that I should add to this list?